SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Engine Library (SEE) series of
sofware development products consists of a Win32 and a Win64 Dynamic Link Library
(DLL) containing functions providing easy control of the SMTP
(Simple Mail Transport Protocol), POP3(Post Office 3), and IMAP 4
(Internet Message Access Protocol) protocols.
The SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email (SEE) component library can be used with any
application capable of calling the Windows API.
A simple interface allows sending and receiving email, including multiple
MIME base64 and quoted-printable encoded attachments. Knowledge of Winsock sockets
and the TCP/IP protocol is not needed.
SEE provides the functionality to easily and quickly develop software applications that can send, receive and parse mail. A good selection of complete example programs are included for each development environment, demonstrating how to use the library.
Some of the many features of the SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Library (SEE) are as follows:
- SEE is a standard Windows DLL that does not depend on other "support" libraries.
- SMTP client for sending email using an SMTP email server.
- POP3 / IMAP client for receiving email using a POP3 email server.
- Send email with optional MIME or Quoted Printable attachments.
- Send email with inline embedded HTML, GIF, TIF, JPG, BMP and Rich Text
- Send HTML email with alternative text and embedded images.
- Download email from your POP3 server, automatically decoding MIME attachments.
- Get the number of messages on the POP3 email server.
- Get the header lines from any email on the POP3 email server, without reading the
- Delete any email on the POP3 server without reading it first.
- Copy any email on the POP3 server without deleting it.
- Check for the number of emails on the POP3 server.
- Receive any email on the POP3 server including MIME attachments.
- Forward Email.
- Decoding email from a File
- Specify SMTP or POP3 port.
- Supports multiple (simultaneous) connections.
- Run up to 128 independent threads concurrently.
- Can send email to mail addresses on a distribution list.
- Supports SMTP (ESMTP) and POP3 authentication.
- Set return receipt; add TO, CC, BCC recipients
- Set minimum and maximum wait times for server response.
- Supports ISO-8859 (European character sets) and UTF-8 (16 bit character sets)
- Can specify custom Content-Types; add custom header fields.
- Construct non-standard email that must be quoted (ex., EDIFACT)
- Includes over 52 functions for SMTP and POP3/IMAP control.
- Dozens of switches provided to control how email is sent or received.
- Supports setting priority via X-Priority header field.
- Removes contents of attachments before writing to disk.
- Use with GMAIL servers with (free) STUNNEL proxy server.
- Can be used from GUI mode or console mode programs.
- Is fully thread safe.
- Both Win32 and Win64 DLLs included.
- Is native Windows code but can also be called from managed code.
- Will run on machines with or without .NET installed
- Free technical support and updates for one year.
- Royalty free distribution with your compiled application.
- Evaluation versions are fully functional. No unlock code is required.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ (V4.0 through Visual Studio 2015)
- Works with Borland C/C++ (5.0, 5.5, and Borland C++ Builder [all versions]).
- Also works with Microsoft Foundation Class, Watcom 11 and LCC-WIN32.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Visual Basic including VB .NET.
- Works with Visual Foxpro, Embarcadero & Borland Delphi, Delphi for .Net, Xbase++, PowerBasic, dBase, COBOL
- Works with Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) such as Excel, Word, FrontPage, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- License covers all programming languages.
- Supports 32 and 64 bit Windows through Windows 10.
- Complete documentation (Programmers, Users, and Reference Manuals).
The SMTP/POP3 Email Component SDK (SEE) can be used in the development of Win32 and Win64
applications running under Windows (Windows XP through Windows 10). The SMTP/POP3 Email Engine SDK DLLs (SEE32.DLL and SEE64.DLL) can be called from any language (Visual C/C++, .NET, Visual Basic, Delphi, Visual FoxPro, COBOL, Xbase++, dBase, PowerBasic, etc.) capable of calling the Windows API.
version of SEE is fully functional. A one developer license is $115 for email delivery
and includes one year free
Our libraries (DLL's) are developer toolkits that can be used by programs written in all supported computer languages. Purchase a developer license for one software language and use it with all others. All versions of SEE use the same DLLs
(SEE32.DLL or SEE64.DLL). However, the examples provided for each version are written for the specified computer development language.
SMTP/POP3/IMAP Email Component Software
- SEE4C SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for C/C++
- SEE4D SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Delphi
- SEE4VB SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Visual Basic
- SEE4PB SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for PowerBASIC
- SEE4DB SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Visual dBase
- SEE4FP SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Visual FoxPro
- SEE4XB SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Xbase++
- SEE4CB SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for COBOL
- SEE4F SMTP/POP3 Email Engine Library for Fortran
MarshallSoft Home Page